Monday, January 7, 2013

With One Look I Was Swept Off My Feet

"Who is that?" I asked my little brother feeling all too giddy.
As soon as I found out his name I said it through my parted lips, John. It was perfect.
Cut to a year later. He was on my mind again. I was a Freshmen, he was an 8th grade.
I saw him almost daily as I was going to lunch and he was leaving.
He took my breath away.

He kicked a rock under my foot and he smiled so big. I could just tell this boy was a big flirt, but it was okay. I enjoyed his silly flirtatious ways. As he bounded off with his friends I could sense there was something, but I didn't want to look like a stalker so I carried on.
Cut to his Freshmen year and my Sophomore year.
Taking gigantic steps in the gym and he couldn't resist. I had his attention and he had mine. He had mine for a year now.
It wasn't long before we were instant messaging back and forth. He was so...different. Something about his punk hair, skateboards and the way he strummed a chord...it was all so fascinating.

One night he asked my brother if it was okay to ask me out. I told my brother if he said no I'd kill him. It was okay my brother was cool with it always has been.
That was the start of the most amazing thing to ever happen to me.
He became an addiction. No matter how much time I spent with him it was never enough.
We would talk all day at school and come home and talk on the phone into the odd hours of the night.
We would go to Club Fathom and get hyped up on music as the adrenaline coursed through our veins.
We were addicted to the passion.

We had a rocky start with break ups and getting back together. The whole High School Game that boys and girls play.
I was so beyond fascinated with this boy. I couldn't even point my finger on it. He was just amazing.
He came at the perfect time. When my whole world was crashing and burning he was the light.
I knew all too well that feeling of the knife to my skin as did he. It was okay. We had each other. Nothing was more important than that.

As we ventured on through our passionate love things became easier, routine. We knew each other inside and out. It was devotion. It was love.
I knew I was his girl. I had his heart. Nothing was going to change that.
No matter how scared we got we would pull away but we always came back together.
Nothing has ever been bigger than us. I got lucky with him.

Not long after I graduated he took my hand and proposed. It was all butterflies and roses. I was so excited to start the next adventure of our life. Together.
May 23, 2007 we got married. He was the light of my life. The joy in my world of pain.
Not long after we sealed the deal...I got pregnant.
My world changed...our world changed.
Now I was to be devoted to a baby. A tiny little baby that I wasn't even sure I was ready for.

I was scared and nervous...we were so young. He was only 19 and I 20. It was an incredible feeling that life inside me, but I was just so scared for John. He seemed okay with it, but he never wanted kids. Well not this early anyway.
Through ultrasounds, my morning sickness, and everything else he showed me he was on board. I have never seen anyone so amazing with pregnancy. He was there. If I was throwing up he was preparing a wet towel.
He never ceased to amaze me. In everything that boy did he did it well.
When it came time to birth our daughter he was right there. Tears of joy streaming down his face.
After she was alive and well. He looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes and I knew it then as much as I know it now.
He is mine. As many fights, and arguments as we have, he is still mine.
There is nothing in the world that can come between love. The love that we share. Sometimes it's hard to remember it, but it's there.
Through thick and thin and the birth of our second daughter we have held strong.

We both know that life happens.
And it does.
Things become tempting.
It's normal.
I know there is NOTHING in this world bigger than our love.
Look at those two beautiful girls WE created.
I have his heart.
He has mine.
From beginning to end.
From the past to our future.
Our love is bigger.

John Michael Rollan I fucking love you!

High school 

In the hospital with Kylie Jade 

First time Daddy 

Second time daddy 

Us now 

3 comments:

  1. I love you, Maria. You're forever mine, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love it, Maria! This is my favorite!

    I know you guys can make it through everything. :)

    And the pictures...you had a baby face! I can't believe you were my age when you had her. When I was 16 you seemed SO MUCH older, and now I am like...You were just my age now. lol

    Anyway, I really like it, for real. And it is pretty cool you guys met his 8th grade year-MIDDLE SCHOOL! Jessie and I didn't meet until 9th or date until 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually met his 7th but didn't start talking til his 8th grade year (:

    ReplyDelete