Friday, January 25, 2013

Holy Water Beads And Shaving Cream

Schools were closed due to icy conditions.
I planned activities ahead of time to get the little ones busy.
I know better than to be stuck inside a 2 bedroom 1 bath duplex with two ROWDY children.
I must say I did a good job of it considering my girls haven't even see the outdoors at all today.

Last night Kylie Jade and I decided to get the water beads ready to go.
Adding the water to one of the vases

Tiny water beads

Time for the blue ones 

She was adding water

Showing me the tiny beads

Immediately after we put them in they started absorbing the water

This is what they looked like when we first put them in

So I woke up this morning to check it and...
They absorbed almost all that water over night! 

We had a fun day of Zumba, flash cards, work books, starfall.com, Tangled, lunch and of course nap time! 
Kylie Jade had waited patiently ALL day to get her hands into the water beads. 
She just had to hold out a little longer until Madilyn woke up.
As soon as she heard Madilyn banging on the door she lit up with delight and exclaimed "WATER BEADS!"

Water Beads in shaving cream

The girls hard at work

Madilyn playing in shaving cream with her water beads

Having fun getting messy

She said "I'm making a water bead pie!"

After we cleaned up the shaving cream we decided to play in just play with them

Madilyn showing me her "ball"

Showing me the water beads

We had so much fun playing with water beads and shaving cream! 
I tell you what the mess didn't even bother me, I know amazing right?
I just let them chill out and have fun.
I think these are the things they will remember.

Madilyn played with those "balls" for about an hour and then she was OVER IT.
I took that opportunity to play around with her.
I got some of the FUNNIEST faces.
Here are the many faces of Madilyn Kate. 

Pouty face

Not sure I guess nervous?

My sweet smiley baby 

And miss priss wanted one.

Adorable.

The days are filled with fun and learning and I am so lucky to be experiencing these things along with my kids.
I am so excited to continue being a teacher.
Just am teaching my own instead of others.
I definitely wouldn't change a thing about it. 

4 comments:

  1. Those are some ridiculously cute pictures, hon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beads are pretty sweet. Ours started out hydrated, so we had to dehydrate them in order to hydrate them, which is fine since you can use them over and over. But I definitely want to look into getting some colored ones too.

    Looks like the shaving cream thing was a pretty big hit! That is all I have found so far. But I know there is more stuff. Definitely let me know if you find a cool idea. :)

    As far as the mess goes, that is awesome. I know how bad it sucks when that is all you are worried about. That is why we use an old junk card table that is covered in paint. I couldn't care less what gets on there or stains it because that is what it is for. It really helps to contain the mess and I don't have to worry about it the whole time. You might want to look into using something like that too.

    I Love all the pictures of the girls, especially the silly faces Madilyn is making! And that last one of Kylie-looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use their trays shaving cream is an awesome tool for cleaning so the trays were super clean and I just rubbed it out of the carpet easy peasy!

      Delete