Friday, January 11, 2013

Events Making My Head Spin

Today was the busiest day I have had since I have been a Stay At Home Mom.
I woke up at 7 (okay 7:09) after hitting the snooze once.
I got breakfast for the girls ready and got ready myself while they ate.
Shortly after (around 7:45) we were headed out the door to Kylie Jade's fate as a Kindergartener.

We pull into CCS and not off to a great start at that.
Took us forever to get out of the car as Mr. Salter hurried us on our way.
We get in the building and only one other kid (out of 6) was there waiting for assessment to begin.
Kylie Jade finds her name tag all by herself.

Kylie Jade waiting for her assessment



We get called back they explain that they will be rotating to 6 different stations and they will complete 7 tasks in each station.
The first Kindergarten teacher came up introduced herself to Kylie Jade and asked her to come have a seat.
My little independent bundle of joy did not hesitate and bounced off with this woman she has never met.
As she was completing her test I was filling out a questionnaire.

She was rotating through stations and with every wrong answer I cringed. I texted my husband "she bombed the language section."
His reply "don't worry."
That John he is always calm.
Me? It's in my blood to worry.
As she went through the tests I would laugh at her funny attitude thinking in the back of my mind, you guys would only be so lucky to have this child in your school.
She is spunky and full of life.
She talked with one teacher how she was tired. Mrs. Weildraayer responded: "it is early but I am so glad you woke up so I can meet you. I have known your mommy and daddy for a long time!" She giggled with delight. Then replied "well I wasn't sleeping I was just tired...can we get on with it now?" Sassy sassy sassy.

Once the assessment came to an end. The last teacher Ms. Bickley  came up and told me I had an adorable, bubbly little girl.
Mrs. Weildraayer gave me a hug and assured me that I was more worried and stressed than needed.
How can I not be this has been my dream for my little girl to attend there before I even got pregnant!
We hung out with John's aunt Cynthia for a few hours and they were just eating up my little girls.

Here's what the girls were up too (the trashcans were clean with no trash in them)




We were scheduled to meet Amaw (John's mom) at Golden Corral to have lunch.
Kylie Jade is having a spend the night party with her Amaw for TWO, that's right TWO days.
I am so sad that she is growing up and that idea even appeals to her.
I gotta get used to it.

We ate and had a great time it was late and Madilyn did very well.
They got dessert after dessert and ate some pizza (my typical girls).
After we said our goodbyes (to my baby!) John, Madilyn and myself came home and took a 2 hour nap!
Much needed!

Madilyn Leaving Golden Corral 

My 20 mth old thinks she's grown


I talked on the phone with a friend, Stephanie, and she helped calm my nerves AGAIN about the testing.
I have to wait an ENTIRE week to find out. GAH! I'm going to go crazy!
I can do this. I can do this. Just say this mantra over and over and I might begin to believe it.

Onto more news it has been quiet without Kylie Jade.
Moms of onlys...you do not realize the noise one extra kid makes.
Madilyn turned the big 20 months old today ): why, WHY are my kids growing up so fast?
Four months from today and she will be TWO.
Moving on...

We played chase, guitar, and tickle fight.
OH and daddy clipped her nails.
She said "Oh pretty!" 


I decided to take advantage of the fact that Kylie Jade is gone so I started one of Madilyn's fine motor lessons that I was going to begin Monday.
Here are a few pictures.

Madilyn working with stickers

Closing her markers

We talked about which colors she picked! This was pink like her shirt! 




To wrap up this SUPER LONG night John and I will put baby to bed and get ready for DATE NIGHT! We are having a date night in...but that is to be blogged about at a different time.
Sorry this was so long it's been a long, eventful, fun, heart wrenching day.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that teacher said that to you. That is a GOOD SIGN!!!

    Such cute pics, by the way. Madilyn is definitely starting to look older.

    Looks like fun activities! I can't wait to see what other stuff you guys start doing when you start your schedule.

    Ha Ha. Watching Brennon and even watching just Rowen made me realize how much extra noise there will be in the house when we have another. When it is just me and Sam, it is so quiet, you can hear the house settling. Even when we are playing together, it is just...quiet. And calm. Very nice. I am enjoying it while I can. lol

    I hope your date night is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Brittney it definitely gets crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GURL, FO REALZIES! Did you just spell my name wrong. How long have I known you. Oh, you are going to catch some crap for this!

    ReplyDelete