Thursday, January 10, 2013

I Will Hold Your Memories In My Heart Forever

I want my children to know the importance of friendship.
The feeling of having a friend have your back. No matter what.
I want them to have that special person they can tell everything too.

I want my children to grow up strong.
Know there is someone who is always there for them.
I pray they don't make rash decisions out of fear.
I want them to have a shoulder to lean on.

I want my children to know John and I will always be there.
I want them to feel they have someone to depend on whether it is their friends or their parents.
I want them to smile and know they are worth the extra effort.
I never want them to have self doubt.

I want them to be happy and confident.
I pray they make the right choices.
I want them to not fear saying "no."
I want them to know they are in control of what choices they do make.

I have faith in my girls.
I don't have faith in others.
They are precious.
They are tough.

They are all I could have asked for.
They were sent from heaven and given to me.
And I will protect them.
And I will have their backs.

Because I am their mother.
That's what I was born to do.

2 comments:

  1. This is very sweet. :)

    I always have this list of things I want Samantha to know and to learn, like those top things you want them to leave home with. :)

    ReplyDelete