Thursday, January 24, 2013

No More Worries Of Perfection I Am What I Am And That Is Awesome

Oh boy what a day it was!
I called Kylie Jade's Preschool last night and was told they were not having class due to a sick teacher.
So this morning we lounged around she wanted to go play so we dropped her off at 10 (an hour after Preschool normally starts) and the teacher WAS THERE!
I talked with her for a minute and she apologized profusely.

So while Kylie Jade was at school I took it upon myself to have a shopping morning with just Madilyn.
She is so much more chill as an only.
We decided to browse around Babies R Us first.
Oh boy! I got myself into some trouble.

First I ran into the swim suits.
They were having a sale on all Minnie Mouse products.

Here were the two I loved.

This one is so freaking cute

But we ended up with this one because daddy liked it better

The clothes were also 25 percent off...
so I walked out with this shirt for Madilyn's birthday!

After buying those two items we decided to move onto the Dollar Tree we still had 45 minutes left to go before getting Kylie Jade so off we bounded.
There were so many cute, affordable things there.
I got pretty excited.
But my budget was 5$ so I made SURE not to go over (of course I went .46 over with tax but I mean 5$ not including tax).

Water Beads! 

I scored some water beads! 
I got two colors blue and pink I thought the girls would enjoy that most.
We are planning on doing that science experiment tomorrow. 
However Kylie Jade has been begging for me to do it with her all day (gotta save something fun for tomorrow though.)

After we got Kylie Jade we came home ate lunch and then I put the little one to sleep.
Kylie Jade and I got to working on her workbooks.
Oddly enough I think that's her favorite time of the day. 
She just was plowing through it...that's my girl!


Kylie Jade working hard in her Kindergarten book

She got a reading book (hoping it keeps fostering that love to learn to read)

Heck even Madilyn got in the spirit of learning her shapes and colors...

Kylie Jade showing Madilyn her new Minnie Mouse flash cards!

There are so many things I need to start working on with Madilyn.
Really getting into potty training, breaking the paci and one I hadn't thought about til recently. 
Transitioning to a cup without a lid.
So today that is what we worked on and I must say she did AWESOME! 

Drinkin like a pro


 I was told yesterday that my posts about me being a "perfect" mom were annoying.
At first I felt the need to defend why I post what I post.
After reflecting on this for a day now I realize I don't have to apologize to ANYONE for how I choose to raise my girls.
If you think my posts about my girls (blog or facebook) are to show off that I'm perfect you are wrong. 

I posts things about my kids because they are my life and they are what goes on in my life the majority of the time.
These people who do not have kids do not understand (the girl that told me this has no kids).
One day if she is blessed enough to have a wonderful child (I lucked out and got two) she will understand.
The effort and love I put into my kids is a 100 percent.

And although I will admit to not being perfect I do put my everything into raising them. 
I am their Mother! That IS my job. 
I am somewhat honored that anyone would think I am perfect.
Unfortunately I fall short...a lot. 

It is my goal and challenge this year to not let the outsiders control what is going on inside.
I no longer will let these things eat me up, because in reality you have no idea what you are talking about.
My goal is to be a damn good mother...and apparently it is working.
I have these two beautiful, intelligent, wonderful, slightly demonic children to show for it.

I am not perfect.
They are not perfect. 
But we are perfect as a team. 
And if that bothers you well you know where you can shove it. (;






No comments:

Post a Comment