Thursday, January 3, 2013

Leftover Lunch

The cabinets are empty. So is the bank account.
Worry sets in and where do you find the time?
Little pudgy hands grasping what's left of lunch.
Smiles and laughter.
Howls and cries.

I study their faces sitting across from me.
I wish I saw the world through their eyes.


Another yawn. Because I stayed up later then intended AGAIN.
Little one rubs her eyes.
Sleep sets in and the cries starts.
Big one pushes and pushes until we are in meltdown city.

Irritated and cleaning.
Dishes are put away.
"Mooooommmmyyyy she hit me!"
It's the life I live.

Cover. Kiss and a pat to sleep.
Close the door quietly a sigh of relief.
Big girl laughs hysterically at her milk mustache.

I am thankful.
I am blessed.
There is nothing more to life than this.
I will not worry.
I will not fear.
Because everywhere I turn God is near.

I know tomorrow will be hectic.
Another day to frame.
I am forever grateful.
That these little creatures are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment