Friday, January 4, 2013

Creating Creativity

Markers are all over the floor and the table. Scribbles are everywhere.
Stress. I feel stress.
I know it is only a matter of time before the mess is put away the girls are tucked safely in bed. I just can't help but see now. The mess.

"Mommy it's pretty!" She yells. "I made it juuuuust for you!" A big blob of scribbles that she says resembles me and her. Well it's a darling thought don't you think?
"Moooooommmmyyyy prettttttyyyyy." My littlest one looks up at me with her beautiful brown eyes. Oh goodness I love those damn eyes! I couldn't tell you how long I prayed for that brown haired, brown eyed baby.
Snatching her up in my arms and planting kisses all over her face. The mess is just that a mess. It can be cleaned.

We are exhausted from the days activities. Lunch at McDonalds playdate at Pump It Up with our friends. Not to mention we spent 31/2 EXHAUSTING hours chatting and running, screaming and playing. It was worth it to see those giggles and smiles.

Things need to be done. Dishes. Laundry. Grocery List. Those things can wait awhile.
I sit across staring into their beautiful faces. Complete concentration. I am mesmerized.
She can't sit longer than a few minutes, but when she's coloring. She could sit for hours.

Full stomachs, juice boxes, cheese stick wrappers and ritz cracker crumbs all over my just swept floor. It's worth it when I hear their laughter.
I am so filled with joy to be here, with them. Kissing their bruises, washing their faces. I am so very lucky to hold their hands and wipe the tears from their eyes and most of all to hear them laughing, giggling and just enjoying each other.

They are sisters forever. Whether they choose this fate for themselves or not. They don't realize how lucky they are.
Sister bonds are hard to break. They will have each others backs in the years to come and I cannot wait to see them grow together.
They fight like cats and dogs. They claw at each other like they are rabid animals.  But the love they have for each other is amazing.

The mess can wait.
The dirty faces can stay.
I will never get this moment again.
They are only this little once.
Seize the day.
Seize the moment.
Embrace them.

Oh the love I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment