Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Life Is Hard, Life Is Good, Life Is Impossible

Mornings. I absolutely HATE starting off my mornings with my damn alarm clock. I am immediately in a foul mood.
Not to mention it is still FUCKING raining outside. I mean what in the hell? And we still have 2 more days of this shit...I can't freaking take it! It's putting me in a terrible mood. 
Anyhow Kylie Jade started her new school today. She was THRILLED to pieces. 
It's really neat because you only pay by the hour and she only goes 2 days. It's from 9-11:30.

My baby girl at Kidspark Preschool


When we dropped her off we went and picked up a few things from Wal-Mart.
As we were driving home we noticed our car acting up so John checked all that mess. It was a very stressful morning with the rain and our car being stupid.. It needed oil BAD. So John made phone calls and we got everything situated. 
As we were making the girls lunches to eat in the car I was talking to my sister not long after I talked with her I got a phone call from CCS. 
A phone call.

My heart stopped. I looked at John and said "well she didn't get in because CCS is calling. Debbie clearly stated they would email or send a letter if she was accepted." I got off the phone with my sister and dreaded the voicemail. 
I just KNEW it was going to say "we need to schedule a meeting to go over her assessment." I swallowed that lump in my throat and picked up the phone and dialed my voicemail. 
As I heard Debbie Grishams voice over the receiver my heart leaped into my throat. "She did GREAT on her assessment." She was saying. I was just waiting for the "but..."
As she went on she said "this was purely a test on socialization. There were no right or wrong answers for that. We feel like Kylie Jade is more than ready and we all got a big kick out of her telling one of the teachers that she had a boyfriend. We feel like Kylie Jade is advanced and we would LOVE to have her at CCS for Kindergarten in the fall." 

What? Did I hear her right? I looked at John with wide eyes and screamed "SHE GOT IN!" He just smiled and said "told you so." Men! So little emotion. 
I replayed the message for John all the while grinning from ear to ear. I quickly hung up and checked my email. Sure enough there was that email from Debbie Grisham saying they'd email or write a letter if she got accepted. Such trickery. 
Nothing else with the car even mattered. She was in. She got accepted. That was enough to make my day for a year. 
As we left to pick up Kylie Jade I was thinking of all the ways I could tell her. 
I pulled in grabbed my card and walked in.

Kylie Jade looked happy. I smiled at her and she ran off with a group of kids to go play. 
I paid and the teacher told me "she's a delight. She fits right in. We love having her!" I smiled said thank you and we were on our way.
As John and his dad changed the oil I read the girls some books in the car and talked with Kylie Jade about all the things she learned. She said they covered the letter L and she made new friends.
I was so excited for her because she said she wasn't sure if she'd make any friends at all. 
It's kind of a small preschool so I was so glad she loved it. She said "it's much better than that last school. This school is actually fun and I learned stuff." Then she said "L is for lion RRRRAAAWWWRR!"

After we got home we laid around awhile John got a ride to work from his cousin. So we just played and had a scavenger hunt for the letter L. They got a kick out of that. 
Shortly after we left for the library. Both the girls passed out in the car.
After we got there the girls roamed free and started picking out books. 
I was scaling the shelves to see what books the girls would love to hear.

The girls at the library


These are the books we came home with

Not long after we checked out we headed for gymnastics. Kylie Jade was bouncing in her seat with excitement.
I got to watch Kylie Jade most of the time and she did wonderfully. 
I was so proud of her, she is really good at it. 
After it was over we headed to my moms.

We got to my moms and we ate taco soup and talked.
We talked about moving in for 5 months. 
I know it;s going to be tough going but we really need to find a bigger place. We need time to look for something.
If I don't I will die from these neighbors.

Anyway we had good food, and good conversation.
We headed home and Kylie Jade pretended to read her books again.
Baths and bed were quick tonight (except Kylie Jade is still up.)
We are about to read all the books and then lights out.

I just feel so incredibly blessed. 
John and I have wonderful family members and great friends who check in with us constantly. 
We may have stress in our life but with God it is easy to manage.
He never gives us anything we can't handle. 

I am so very blessed with the life I am living.

Until next time...



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that yesterday turned out well. When Samantha's meeting was over, I checked my phone, and saw your message...I was like "Oh crap." Then as soon as I read that, your other one came through saying she got in! I had to reply to that first! :)

    I knew she would get in. There was no way they would say she is not ready for Kindergarten! Ha Ha. Jessie is the same way. No emotion about that sort of stuff. He'll just say things like, "Whatever you think. You know what is best." or "I figured it would all work out." Makes you want to pull your hair. Thank god for friends who will get excited with you. lol Otherwise I would go crazy!

    Sounds like the library went well. We have not read any of those books, except the Hungry Caterpillar, but we have read books with those characters. If you like that Pete the Cat, "Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons" is super cute. And I know you know all the llama llamas are cute! How did you guys get ahold of a Fancy Nancy the day after storytime? We seriously have to reserve ours online because they don't keep them on the shelves in Catoosa. Okay...Enough about books. I just Love books...

    Anyway, everything will work out. It is great you are willing to be patient enough to wait and get another place. You will probably be much happier and less stressed in the end. And I REALLY hope what we text about yesterday happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (: enemy pie was adorable you should read it to Sam. Fancy Nancy is always in. They are a good fun read.

    ReplyDelete