Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Time Is A Four Letter Word...Literally

It's just a normal day.
The kids are coloring quietly and life seems somewhat peaceful.
Then I remember all the things that need to be done and all the things I still have yet to get done.
My life is a friggin roller coaster.
I thought when you became a stay at home mom things were supposed to be less hectic.
I feel busier than ever.

Home search, playdate search, break up a fight, text my friend, get lunch ready, break up a fight, check email, finish fixing lunch, break up a fight, clean up, and we are on our way towards lunch time.
When my life becomes more routine (hopefully that begins Sunday) we will diminish the fighting (or at least minimize it).
Unfortunately my littlest one seems to be finding herself in time out an awful lot these days.
She hits, screams, punches, throws a tantrum. Don't you just love those terrible twos?

For some reason I feel like the time just rolls away when I am not working.
I was reading all my friends Facebook status that are like "this day is sooo slow" and I'm thinking...
WHAT THE FUCK! This day is nearing the end. I haven't nearly had enough time to complete everything that needed to be completed.
At least the dishes are put away and the laundry is in the dryer.

So I will wrap this up as my girls are sitting in front of the boob tube watching Pochantas 2 (I guess they are tired out from all the reading, ball playing and knock knock jokes we've been telling.)
I will leave you with this. Staying home is a lot more work than I ever anticipated.
I like it that way.
There's never a dull moment!

Here's a few pictures from the day
Madilyn Kate playing dress up

Me and Kylie Jade 

Madilyn Kate and I 

New cutting board 

Kylie Jade waiting for the pizza to be ready 

Enjoying the french bread pizza 

2 comments:

  1. It is crazy how much busier you get. That is how it was for me when I finished school. I didn't realize all the play time and learning, activities, and cleaning that had to be done once I was the one solely responsible for ALL of it-all day long!

    Looks enjoying it so much. Looks like the girls are too!

    ReplyDelete