Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Newly Stay At Home Mother

Cries from the other room.
This space is just too dang small.
I grit my teeth as I explain to my four year old that punching your sister isn't okay. Again. AGAIN.
Haven't we've had this discussion before?

"I waaaaannnttt to go to schooool." She declares in that voice that makes my ears bleed.
"You no longer go there you start your new school Jan. 15th."
A pout and a stomp and she's off.

I sit here wondering what the hell I've gotten myself in to. I loathe the whining, can't stand the yelling.
Obsessively trying to coupon as my daughter is jumping on her bed singing fresh beat band.
Again. AGAIN.

My little one comes up holds up her arms and gives me a snuggle.
It's all worth it.
Every scream. Every whine.
Every chance I want to pull my hair out.

These snuggles will never be like this again.
Little by little
Minute by minute
They are growing
They are shaping into the person they are going to be forever.

I am just the lucky lady that gets to play a part in that.
I am forever their mother.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment