Friday, January 18, 2013

No Rain Celebration

I see the sky.
It is blue and amazing.
It's been almost 7 full days of clouds and rain.
The sun was a very nice turn around.

I figured today we could have a NO RAIN CELEBRATION!
This would include a snack outside at the park.
Playground and a stroll.
As well as a sun art and craft.

Snack time at the playground!

I remember when she used to not be able to climb this 

My little booger loves the slide


The girls had a blast.
We even sang a new song.
"Rain rain stay away. We are having fun today. We like playing in the sun. Rain rain stay away!"
They really enjoyed the song.

Headed for a stroll 


After the playground we came home to paint.
The girls had fun. It was very messy.
We tried a little more potty training, and then the normal routine.
Dinner, dishes, laundry, clean up dinner, baths and now they are happily playing in the tub.

Free painting and making suns! 


Hey, I'd say I'm getting PRETTY good at this stay at home mom thing.
The next step I am awaiting is moving.
It will be a long 5 months I am sure, but it will help us get our ducks in a row.
I just feel so cramped in here.

The up and coming months are going to be fun.
I absolutely love new adventures.
There is something about being out of the norm that excites me.
I think my girls are ready for the next step as well.

Even though I feel exhausted at the end of every day.
That I am absolutely sick of the screaming, because Madilyn has a shrill shriek.
I know that I am lucky to have this opportunity.
Some may see my situation as unfortunate, but I only see the blessings and those are the very two that have such a hold over my heart. Being a mom is wonderful but actually having every precious second with them well that's just pure joy.

I am a mom.
Their mom.
And there is nothing more that I would want to be.
Because those two girls...they mean everything.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! It was beautiful! You didn't seem to have any problem at all transitioning into staying home. That is great!

    I can't believe Kylie is getting so tall! Remember when her and Sam were little babies? There were so...short. Ha Ha. They measured them by inches. Now when people say Sam's height, they use feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? They are growing quickly. Makes me kinda sad :(

    ReplyDelete