Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I Will Never Lose Sight Of What Is Important

The trouble about staying home (and sharing a wall) is finding things to do...quiet things.
This day we decided on bed shopping. 
I know, I know we won't actually be in our own place til July/August of this year (as we are moving in with my mom from March until then), but I want to put one on layaway as to be paying as little (or much) as I want too. 
Anyway I decided to allow Kylie Jade to help me with picking out the beds (after all one of them is hers).

My child and her big tastes she picked out an unbelievably gorgeous bed, but it was quite expensive since I need two. 
The nice gentleman steered her to the bunkbeds which can be taken apart and used as twin beds. 
The best part it is 299 for BOTH beds and only 130 for the mattress (Madilyn needs a mattress).  
So sometime in March (hoping that deal stands) I will be putting their beds on layaway.

Unfortunately I remembered they would not be sharing a room which means I need another piece of furniture for one of the girls (I looked but didn't see anything I fell in love with!) 
In the meantime we decided bedding needed to be looked at. 
Lucky for me I could do that online, so I loaded the girls back in the car brought them home for a snack. 
I decided play dough was in order while I was browsing the net. 

I had each girl get their princess tray and sit down.
I gave each kid some play dough and a few accessories to go with it. 
While they mashed, rolled and banged their play dough I was peacefully looking for the best bedding I could find. 
Good thing my girls are easy to please.

The girls playing play dough 

Here's a picture of the bedding I found for the girls.

Here is the one I like for Madilyn

This would be Kylie Jade's 

After browsing around and saving some links Kylie Jade wanted me to put on songs so she could perform for me. 
After her performing (which apparently my neighbors did not enjoy, I mean we were in the living room COME ON NOW!) We decided to venture outside.
Needless to say my girls had a friggin blast. 
Madilyn enjoyed most playing with sticks, rocks and jumping the leftover puddles. 

Riding her bike like a pro...oh she picked her ensemble if you were wondering 

Madilyn pushing her buggy

Playing with a stick in the puddle

Showing me she had two sticks! 

We came in and I started dinner.
You know nothing is more annoying then when you are halfway done preparing dinner and your stomach is growling like a damn bear, and come to find out you are out of ONE ingredient. 
I grit my teeth got the girls REDRESSED (socks, shoes, coats) and loaded them in the car.
We got to Bilo and I caved and got them Oreos (I mean their sweet pleads with those big eyes I couldn't resist). 
Funny we saw some ER Fire Department guys and they were telling Kylie Jade how awesome her glasses were. She was so proud to tell them about it, it was quite adorable. 

While dinner was finishing up I had the girls playing with their party favors from Braylon's party.
The girls had so much fun. 
I got to cook in peace (well mostly)
And I got to hear my little girls interact...win win WIN!

Their new party favors they just LOVED this! 


I am realizing how quickly time is flying by.
No matter how annoyed I get or agitated I will never get these moments back.
Looking at these pictures I am seeing how much time has already passed. 
I will not take these precious girls for granted. 

They deserve my attention.
They deserve my positive attitude.
They deserve to be cherished.
They deserve my undying love. 

And I will continue to give them the things they require.
Because at the end of the day money doesn't matter. 
The only thing that matters is that we have each other.
And you can't put a price tag on love. 

Until next time...





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice day. I can't wait to see the beds. I like the bedding that you picked out. :) They don't look like the standard bedding for that character. They are more "up to date." :)

    Outside time is one of my favorites, letting Samantha explore. I remember when they were Madilyn's age and they were just walking around and picking things up...not riding bikes!

    I Love pictures because you get to continue to cherish those moments...and, idk about you, but it shows me how productive we have been. I always think we that we haven't done or learned enough everyday, so I just look back at all my pictures. Always makes me feel better.

    BTW You text me about the play dough yesterday. I never got to text back. What about Play Dough? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets just say play dough and toddlers don't mix!

    ReplyDelete