Saturday, August 9, 2014

Just Another August

August is always a very busy month for those of us that have children in conventional school. Tax free weekend announces those first crazy days before school starts. The mad rush to gather items, tax free, off a supply list. The over-crowed stores where items are misplaced or gone altogether so the little tykes can cross another item off their list. August is officially "back to school season" where the uniforms start to over run the clothes sections and stores are full of grim looking children as they throw item after item into an already over packed shopping cart.

August is also a time where a lot of children are getting the jitters as they get apprehensive about a new classroom, maybe even a new school. Some kids hate their current school and don't want to return and some children, like mine, are overly excited asking every day when they can go back and learn with their friends.

August, for me, always brings a time of reflection. I think back to the year before and how I cannot believe we have come this far. I have been a mother for 6 years! It is a time where I thank God for the path He has allowed me to travel. This year I don't feel nervous about whether she will make friends, or scared she will get lost and not know her way around the school. This year is easier in a sense that she knows the routine and knows where she is going and if somehow she got separated she knows where to go to find help. I don't feel so worried that she won't have any friends and that she won't like school. I have different fears for this upcoming school year. Will she be able to maintain friendships with her friends in different classes this year? Will she find her own path and not follow the norm? Will she be able to keep up with her extra curricular activities and homework? Will she make new friends from the kids in her class? Will her and her teacher have a solid relationship? I know, in my heart, she will be fine, but these are worries that still surface from time to time.

August announces a new beginning as children have a whole new place to begin. Some children had teachers they didn't get along with last year and now they have a chance at renewing themselves. The beginning of new friendships that will sprout this year. The beginning of a new grade. The beginning of a new adventure.

My house will soon be full of worksheets, homework folders, back packs flung on the floor, and many notes I have to read or sign (between the two kids that will now be in school). I will h ave lunches to pack, snacks to throw in back packs and make sure we have plenty at home for when we walk through the door. Sleep routines will be back in place strictly and all the exciting activities will begin. As much as I love this time of year, I also dread it. It just means they have grown another year older. It means I have to start all over again with making sure they have clothes, supplies, and anything else they may need.

The start of a new beginning...I think I am ready...


Kylie Jade is just beautiful

Silly girls!

Madilyn and her friend Parker getting into markers

First day of Preschool 8/4

She thinks she's grown

Fun times at Preschool

Sassy

Best Friends

Getting ready for school
Gymnasts
Lost her 3rd tooth first top tooth 8/9
















No comments:

Post a Comment