Thursday, March 14, 2013

Not Ready To Let Go

Now that I stay home there are different battles I struggle with, instead of feeling like I miss everything sometimes I feel like they NEED me to miss things.
Kylie Jade does go to school two days a week and she does gymnastic class on Tuesdays, but Madilyn is home ALL day with me.
Sometimes I wonder if I will royally screw them up by not being around kids their own age the majority of the day...that's the worker mom part of me taking over.
I do enjoy the laughs and smiles, but I can admit sometimes they wear me out physically and emotionally.

As Kindergarten gets closer and closer I find myself grabbing every inch of her babyhood as I can.
Snuggles, hugs, late night cuddles I cherish every second.
I know her being in school doesn't seem like a big deal, I mean most kids do it, but it;s that fact that I feel like her life is just beginning AWAY from mommy.
Yes she went to daycare as a youngin, it's not the same as school.

She will begin night time homework often, and a experience a whole world of kids (up to 5th grade), chapels, music, spanish, library, pe, and just the overall classroom and I won't be there to see her excitement, her fears, her anxiety. It makes me anxious!
I am overjoyed she got in the school I wanted. I knew she could do it. Still makes it hard to think she will be gone that long.
I guess I need to face the music, she's growing up.
No matter how much I hold onto her babyhood she is getting older and there is nothing that is gonna change that.

Playdate at the mall

Girls with their new shoes

Painting a sun catcher

Kylie Jade and Samantha with Chucke

Sisterly love

She got smoothie

Picking a prize

Silly girls

Me and Mads on our day date

Gymnastics ribbon night

These are memories I will always remember and glad I get to experience with them (: my kids are awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I bet it is scary thinking of that. I can't imagine just starting to stay home and then sending Samantha to kindergarten.

    I doubt it will mess them up not being around a lot of kids their age though. Samantha hang out with adults and think it is very good for. But she also has friends her agE and that's good too.

    I know we view things differently though.

    I hope it all goes well! Glad she at least got in the school you wanted her in. I'm sure that is comforting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno they play with kids younger and older and the same age. Its just they did daycare for so long its hard for me.

      Delete