Saturday, June 27, 2015

I Don't Want to be a Mom

I admit, sometimes I don't want to be a mom.
Days like today when every little thing is made into an argument, I don't want to be a mom.
"Mom can you...Mom will...Mom...Mom...Mom..." during these moments, I don't want to be a mom.
When I am just trying to take a shower in a peace and all I can hear is screaming/fighting/whining, I don't want to be a mom.
When I am at my wits end and I just need some alone time, but someone is always needing something, I don't want to be a mom.
When I just did laundry yesterday and I look in the basket and it's half full, I don't want to be a mom.
When I sweep/dust/clean constantly and every time I turn around there are more flecks of the couch on the floor, toys in the living room, little bits of paper cut up into smaller paper, I don't want to be a mom.
 After I've cleaned every last dish and I go into the girls playroom to put something away (again) and I see more dishes on the floor, I DON'T WANT TO BE A MOM!
When I am trying to watch something on TV that isn't Sofia the First or Hannah Montana, but the kids are lingering over my shoulder, asking for a drink/candy/to get the arts and crafts down/to watch TV/if they can go out and play in a thunder storm, I don't want to be a mom.
When I have to go grocery shopping and they ask for toys/stomp their feet because they have to go in the buggy/pick up every stupid item that has Elsa on it, I don't want to be a mom.
When they have homework and can't do it themselves, I don't want to be a mom.
If I am trying to read my Bible or heck anything, and they continuously ask what I am doing, what I'm reading about, I don't want to be a mom.
When I get on the computer to check my email or print off coupons and they run up to me, "can we play pbskids" I really don't want to be a mom.
As I plan dinner and slave over a wonderful wholesome meal and they pick at it, stare at it, or make disgusted faces, I especially do not want to be a mom.
As I pick out their clothing and they say it's ugly and that they want to wear the same damn Doc Mcstuffins dress with their sparkly slippers, I don't want to be a mom.
When I work hard to brush the tangles out of their hair and do french braids and they complain and huff, I don't want to be a mom.
When I have a wonderful activity planned, but they argue about said activity, I don't want to be a mom.
When we have fun plans to go swimming/to an amusement park/something for them and all they do is drag their feet, fold their arms across their chest, or start fighting the minute we get into the car, I very much do not want to be a mom.
So many times throughout the day I think how easy my life would be right now if I was NOT a mom.
I would most definitely have more money, I wouldn't have kids rearranging my furniture (happening at the current moment!), I would be able to use the bathroom in peace, I wouldn't have to referee fights, and I most certainly wouldn't have to discipline (because that's the absolute worst part of being a mom!)
Being a mom is exhausting, smelly, irritating, and full of many sticky moments.
Despite feeling this way at least 1,000 times a day I know I wouldn't want to be anyone else. Being Kylie and Madilyn's mom is a tough job and not for the weak of heart, but it is also rewarding/challenging (in a good way), and at the end of the day I really think that I DO want to be their mom. Even when I am at my wits end.


No comments:

Post a Comment