Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

The turkey is roasting, the girls are giggling while watching some movie, and the dog is pacing back and forth as if she knows what craziness is about to ensue.
          A year ago me would have cringed knowing that everyone was loading up their food, dogs, families, etc. to head over to my house. I would've been running around trying to keep everything cleaned and spotless so that people didn't think I was a pig. I woulda been overwhelmed because I didn't have time last night to finish the dishes. Not today. I am quietly sipping my Peppermint Mocha coffee thankful that I have children to stress about, enough money to that I have a surplus in my account, and endless amounts of food to fill our bellies. I am so thankful and appreciative this year. Last year I was still in a fog. The divorce left me stressed, impatient, and uncertain of what I wanted out of my life. I am determined not to let anything get me down this year.

Thanksgiving 2017 is about to be in full swing, but first I am going to take a little time to reflect. My life has changed drastically in a year and I couldn't be more thankful. I have a better idea of what I want out of my life this year and I am not going to let anyone stop me.

Well the first round of guests have arrived and I still have so much to do.

Happy Thanksgiving 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment