Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Next Season of Life

Oh man fall is definitely around the corner. As a matter of fact fall starts on September 23rd. Not much longer now and we are finally getting into the fall spirit.

The weather has been in the 70s all weekend. It really makes you feel God's presence. We've spent the majority of the weekend outside. Saturday I decided to take the girls up to Signal Mountain (with a friend of course) and we spent 5 hours up at the Pumpkin Patch playground. The girls had the BEST time. They instantly found a stage and put on a show for me, they slid down the gigantic slide hand in hand numerous times. They got to zip line back and forth pushing each other and letting me run and push them. It was amazing. That playground is so big we spent the entire day there. We found a toddler area and they had a pumpkin playhouse and my girls immediately started pretending there was a monster and they had to seek shelter. It was just so fun to watch them. We ate lunch (and a large snack) and they played with their friends (when they arrived). It was such a beautiful day. When we left we came home and rode bikes/scooters for the rest of the evening. It was just absolutely perfect.

Today we went to church and then spent the day shopping. Kylie Jade got a pair of black boots and Madilyn got her Halloween costume (wasn't able to sneak out without it she picked it up and carried it with her around the entire store) Either way we are done with one kid =).

Back to school tomorrow and conferences with the teachers will be set. I can't wait to hear about my girls progress so far! Cannot believe it has already been a month since they've been in school.

Kylie is getting ready for Oct. it will be her first time competing! She has been busting butt to practice, practice, practice. I am just so happy/nervous for her! It will be just her out there. Can't wait to see how a meet is run!

I haven't been quite ready to say goodbye to summer, but as the weather begins to cool and I know the leaves will be changing and falling soon I think I am ready for the next season and see where God leads us in this next season of life. I will never get this summer back. My kids will never be this young again I will treasure and love every moment. I was blessed enough to be their mother and I need to take full advantage of it! We will be ready for whatever comes next. We will be silent and listen to where the Lord calls us. We just have to be prepared to take the plunge together in this new season.

Church in their fall outfits

Eating lunch with this cool kid

Lunch time with my Prekindergartner

Prek picture

2nd grade picture

Pumpkin patch girls

Playhouse

Fun day

No comments:

Post a Comment