Friday, September 25, 2015

A New Journey

Kylie Jade is competing in her first ever gymnastics competition tomorrow. I am full of anxiety, nerves, stress and that sickness you get in the pit of your stomach. Kylie is full of excitement, nerves, enthusiasm, and hope.

I mentioned Kylie was competing, but I didn't mention that she is competing for a new team (she just started on Tuesday!) Moving Kylie's gymnastics center was a HUGE leap of faith. She has been with Jill's since she was 2 years old. I remember throwing her thin hair into pig tails and putting her little body into a child size leotard as she toddled off to class. I remember being pregnant with Madilyn and Jill working with Kylie on the beam. I remember my In laws taking Kylie to gymnastics as I held new born Madilyn in my arms. I remember Kylie moving into "big gymnastics" with Gym 1 and working on backhand springs with Coach Kaleigh. I even remember when Coach Bill put a not even 6.5 year old Kylie on Team Technique. You can imagine all the emotion it has taken to move her and I away from our gymnastics family and step into a new world of gymnasts with their family. I feel a bit like I am intruding and maybe that I am a bit obnoxious with all the questions, but they've given me no reason to feel that way. I just feel like I stepped into a whole new world and I am still not sure how to take it.

Kylie has such mixed emotions. One minute she is excited to be on a team with girls her age and the next minute she is crying because Ms. Jill won't be able to see her compete. It's been a hard transition for us both. 5 years of our life spent making memories with wonderful people and now it is gone. Kylie is very flexible, but this has been a big transition for her.

My little girl is so ready to compete though and unfortunately, she wasn't able to get that right now with Jill's team. Kylie is definitely not going to be perfect, she is going to make a ton of mistakes, and she is going to fall (I'm sure) more than once, but it isn't about being perfect it is about showing her passion and getting out there and seeing this world all for herself. She is ready to take that leap and see where it takes her.

This leap is going to be close to Nashville. A little over 2.5 hour drive from where I am now and I am going in blindly. I was thankful enough to have such kind ladies respond to my post in the moms group about what to expect. I will be a ball of anxiety tomorrow, but it will be worth it to see my girl doing what she loves.

Even as sad as I am to leave our home gym I know being at GCC will open up many new opportunities for Kylie Jade and I am excited to see what she does with it. Thank you to everyone at Jill's who has worked with my girl and been patient with us and thank you to all our new people who are putting up with my worry wart self. And thank you to my Kylie who is making her dreams into a reality.

 
2 year old Kylie

Where her love of gymnastics began

On the beam with coach Jill

 Christmas themed gymnastics

This kid growing up on me

A 3 year old gymnast

3 years old

Posing at 4

Won the front Hip circle challenge

Climbing the rope in Gym 2

My gymnasts

First learning that back handspring

6 years old and made team at level 3

Open Gym

These two gymnastics picture

Her favorite place on earth

6 year old hand stands

She got her competition leo

She never wanted to take it off

Tumbling queen at age 7

Open Gym with Allie and Jill

After a sweet Vault

New Leo 

Competition Leo for GCC

1 comment:

  1. I can not verbalize how very proud of Kylie Jade. She has worked her butt off since she was a baby and she has so very much further to go. She is going to continue to amaze us all, I just know it.

    Kylie Jade, you are a fantastic gymnast! I am so proud of you, baby girl!

    ReplyDelete