Sunday, January 8, 2017

Just Thoughts for 2017

How do you let someone in to the most vulnerable parts of your life?
To judge
To analyze
So exposed.
What if you're rejected because of fears that you have?
Seems beyond repair.
There are all these pieces scattered and you expect someone to help put them back together.
What if the damage can't be undone?
Your loneliness screams to be freed.
The emptiness wants satisfaction
You need to be heard.
You need to be free of lies, deceit, dishonesty.
So there are all these pieces, but you know that works both ways.
What if you just fall apart?
What if disappointment is inevitable?
I can cover the mistakes, but for how long?
What if I'm too damaged?
Felt numb for a long time.
Like the unheard background music no one cares about.
There are scars.
But that can't just be me.
Is it just me?
To play it cool is torture.
Do I wear it on my face?
How do you let your walls down when you've worked so damn hard to guard it with everything you got?
The fear of failure lingers.
There are all these pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment