Friday, March 27, 2015

Spring Days

SPRING!

It is finally here. The cold days are dissipating and the warm weather is coming in! The grass is slowly turning from brown and dead to green and alive! Yellow flowers (or weeds) are popping out all over the lawn and it is beautiful. Longer days have come and that means more outside time. The driveway has been full of chalky creative thoughts sprawled out in colorful form. The bikes are back in use and the trampoline has been bounced and flipped on more and more each day.

There is something so exciting and thrilling about spring. The bees come out of hibernation and begin to scare people all around. The birds burst out into beautiful song as the breeze blows warmth. I can smell the freshly cut grass after it has been mowed and everything just feels so peaceful.

My girls are definitely enjoying the any playgrounds we have around the area. As soon as their feet touch the pavement from a long day of school they are out and running. Kylie can be seen doing round off back hand springs all over the lawn and Madilyn chases Kylie and attempts cartwheels. I just love this time of year. I can feel our family grow closer together as the dreary, dark winter days fade away.

As Easter is fast approaching I have made a vow to show my girls and my husband how much I love them each day. Whether it is encouragement through words, getting them each something special, or just expressing myself through writings or touch. I want them to feel God's presence in every moment.

Our spring break has officially started. The girls are outside, of course, even though today is on the colder side of spring. I have done numerous loads of laundry, put away dishes and cleaned and scrubbed the girls water bottles. This spring break will bring many fun memories as Kylie Jade makes her first official trip to the American Girl store. It is just going to be a me and Kylie day! I haven't gotten to spend much time with her and I am so excited we get to share most of the day together. We have many plans with friends and family and Easter will be awesome! We will get to hear, what is sure to be, a very powerful sermon and we will get to enjoy time with our extended family. I hope that these days are filled with minimal grief and a lot of fun.

I will leave you with a few springy pictures!

rock climbing at one of her favorite playgrounds 

my beautiful girls ready for school 

tumbling class 

she has my heart <3

Best Friends 

hanging on the trampoline 

No comments:

Post a Comment