Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Normal

Fall break means I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. I have time to become best friends with my bed again, and I have all the world to look into my child's face and study every expression imaginable (and boy does she have many!)

I have used my time at home to be productive by keeping the house clean, having a lot of one on one time with my little one and getting in more quality time with Kylie when she is home. I am not rushing around filling water bottles, grabbing a snack and rushing them to the next activity. I can breathe.

I have made such a great head start on the girls Christmas Lists I have several things in layaway, got some stuff waiting in the cart on Amazon, and a lot of stuff in the bags in my closet. I have taken this fall break to start on those things that would normally be pushed aside because working, maintaining a house, paying bills, getting the kids ready for every activity imaginable, and trying to spend some one on one time with each is just filling up my days right now.

I have really been intentional to spend time with Madilyn. We have played many board games, worked in her preschool workbook, and colored countless pictures. I have listened to her talk about her best friends, her likes and dislikes and what she wants for Christmas. We have spent most of the days at home relaxing and enjoying each others company.

As much fun as we are having this week I know we will both be ready for school on Monday! It has  been a fun week of just lounging and not doing much, but if you know me you know I like my normal!

Here's a few things we've been doing this week:

My girls getting ready for church 
Cootie game with this cutie

My beautiful 6 year old 

Cheering at a Halloween party 

Got a new Hannah Montana movie in old school 3D 

This child and candyland 

My girls eating at burger king on family night!
The girls got their ribbons this week 

Hayride with Emory 

Kylie Jade and her best bud Ava 

Doc Operation 

Kylie Jade receiving her achievement award

Sofia the first 

Little bit is a gymnast 





No comments:

Post a Comment