Friday, October 24, 2014

I Miss My Husband

It's the first night in a long time that I have been without my other half, my mate, my rock, my support. I came home to a house with no husband. It was strange. Like perhaps I didn't know where things belonged. I began my monotonous duties as a mother and thought, this would be so much easier if I had John here. The girls were running around wild as their usual selves, but knowing John wasn't going to be coming home tonight I felt a little drained, a little bored and a lot sad. The girls cried hunger and I was heading to fix dinner when I realized John had eaten all the eggs. Loading them up to take them to the grocery store I found myself dazed. I started driving the wrong way and ended up at Chick-fil-a, and the girls were stoked. I ordered food and felt awkward not asking John what we should bring him for dinner. He wouldn't be eating dinner with us tonight. I pushed on and continued motherly duties per the usual. 

I am so used to sharing EVERYTHING about my day with him that I haven't even realized how much I talk to him until he wasn't there. They do say absence makes the heart grow fonder. It hasn't even been a full night and I am tired, bored, and missing my best friend. There are things to say and no one to share them with. There is no one sitting next to me, no one to goof off with. I realized living my life without him wouldn't be a life at all. God brought him to me because we are perfect for each other.

I didn't realize how much weight he pulled in the nightly duties, the chores and everything else. I really do take advantage of how wonderful he is. I couldn't ask for a better partner in life. I know I am blessed beyond measure with John.


The kids are stirring, they are getting antsy, they are ready for bed. I will go enjoy my time with my beautiful ladies and pray that John is save, happy, and gets some much needed rest. 

Monday seems so far away.  


No comments:

Post a Comment