Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years Goals

Everyone makes resolutions, but instead of a resolution this year I figured John and I would come up with a list of goals...expectations for our family life, marriage life, parenting life and our own individual lives.

I know many of the things on my individual list consists of being healthy, eating better, eating at home more, eating out significantly less and exercising so I can live a long life with my children and husband. I also want to have more patience and find more creative ways of discipline instead of being overwhelmed by all the insignificant things in life. I want to get a closer relationship to God.

As far as my marriage life I want to just enjoy my time with my husband, not falling asleep or getting stressed about whatever it is we stress or fight about. I want to give lots of praise and attention for no reason, and just let him know he is completely loved by his wife.

As far as my parenting life I want to have the patience for my kids that they deserve. Spending a lot more quality time just playing and watching them have fun and enjoy their little lives. Less spending money and more enjoying the outdoors.

As far as just goals for our family I want to spend time soaking up God's world outside and bonding as a family, I want to take a family vacation and just watch us all enjoy each other. I want to bond as a family unit and let the girls know we will always have their backs.

So far the year has started out great! I know we are only into day 2 but I can feel the change. The past is the past this is a brand new year and a brand new start. Time to let go and move on.

I think I'll do just that!





No comments:

Post a Comment