Thursday, August 5, 2021

No Happy Endings

 In the middle of the chaos I learned to blend in early 

There was never enough energy to go around 

I’d slip right through the cracks

Never held accountable for my mistakes 

Never learned life lessons 

Everyone was growing 

I was staying the same

No growth, no understanding, no motivation 

Haven’t healed from the crippling anxiety 

Haven’t come to terms with the failures 

Wasn’t one to break the mold 

Only the one to stir up the trouble so someone could understand what was going on inside 

Fight or flight and I flew like the wind 

Haven’t turned back and I’m still running 

Cuts to explain the pain 

Weed to fog my brain 

There’s just a hole and everyone can see through me 

The thing that is missing 

 It’s always been a part of me 

 Never knowing what felt safe

Just wanting someone to understand me 

Understand my fucked up mind 

Understand what I can’t even see 

There are those people that just keep spiraling 

There’s got to be an end 

Maybe, somehow, there’s a happy ending for me after all 


No comments:

Post a Comment