Wednesday, February 15, 2017

And these are the thoughts of many days while I filter through the mess

Suddenly I feel numb.
My heart strings have been pulled to the point of fraying.
It isn't easy feeling alone.
The world around me is dark and angry.
Good times are tainted with screams.
All I wanted was laughter.
Tears fall as I fake smile because I'm obligated to please.
My heart is hurt and it's easy to see.
Laughter only carries so far before the anger explodes.
It's not like I wanted to leave anyway.
Step off and take a breather.
Learn to spread your wings and soar.
Stay in your boundaries and respect mine.
Hoping the memories will fade.
I keep falling.
I failed at protecting my heart.
Left it so exposed.
My room is dark with a candle light flicker.
I'm alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment