Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Look Into A Busy Mom's Life

Some frown upon the business of my schedule.  Monday cheer and T-ball,  Tuesday cheer,  Wednesday gymnastics for both girls,  Thursday dance for both and the occasional tball game,  Friday cheer practice or parade or competition, Saturday cheer for football game,  Sunday church.  I have something to do most days of the week and while it is not ideal for some it is what works for us. Having two social butterflies means I got two kids who love to shine.  Providing them with any and every opportunity to do so is a must for me.  I want my girls to find their passion so they can have something they feel like working for.  I've heard many times when a child has a passion in middle and high school they are less likely to fall into the drug or alcohol trap.

I like staying busy because I can see a big part of what my girls love.  They shine,  they smile,  they absolutely love what they do.  As time has passed I see that sticking with something has really proven to be wonderful.  My 6 year old can do a pretty mean back hand spring. My 3 year old already can crank a ball when pitched to her (not every time of course!) these are things we would've missed out on had I told them no or allowed them to quit when they felt defeat.

Through all the business of my schedule I still allow room for playing,  homework,  and play dates.  Kylie spends most of her free time out on the trampoline practicing for the Olympics or flipping around on her bed trying bridges,  splits,  hand stands.  You name it. After seeing the fire burn for gymnastics we have decided to include private sessions along with her tumbling. 3 class she will be taking the next go round St gymnastics.  I have really enjoyed the stage she loves using what she learns on the floor during cheer.  She isn't afraid to throw in a cartwheel or round off. I have been blessed with a gymnast and so thankful I put her in at a young age.  She's very good for a 6 year old and I am proud to see her get out there and give it her all.

Madilyn is more low key than Kylie you can often find her in dress up high heels,  sitting on the floor building or playing with her babies and ponies. She loves to have them play on the castles they have and I can often hear her playing school or family life.  With many "mommies" and "the teacher said." She does enjoy going outside and tumbling on the trampoline like her sister.  But she is fine playing by herself making her own world.

As the school year is picking up I find that Kylie has much more homework and less time to practice or play.  We are finally settling into a very nice routine.  She plays then does some homework then plays and comes back and finishes.  I know as the grade levels become higher she will have less free time and more work to complete.  Being a hard advocate for no homework this can be sticky. Hopefully God will continue blessing us and we will just find a way for everything to be complete without her losing herself in a pile of papers.

I will end with this.  My girls mean so much to me.  I love watching their little super star personalities and enjoy giving them opportunities to shine.  I am so glad each girl has found something they love and maybe they will even want to stick out into the middle or high school years.  I am so very excited to see what is in store for them the coming years. I hope they will look back on these times and have sweet memories.  I feel like our relationships have strengthened and cannot wait to see what God has planned for us next.


Her bridge 

Tballer

Beautiful 

My dancers

Back Hand Springs 

Cheerleader

Cheer girl

Madilyn loves Tball

Catching balls with her coach

Her Tigers tball uniform

Bridge 


2 comments:

  1. Do your thang girl!! You are a rockstar momma and you give those girls the very best! God didn't make cookie cutter people, so what works for you might not work for others, but we've learned (you and I at least) that we don't make decisions on what others do, we make them around what we know our kids and family need. Your kids are blessed to have a momma that is willing to do what is best for them and not look around you and try to do what others are doing. <3

    ReplyDelete